The version 0.2 of the solaR package is now available at CRAN. This package provides a set of calculation methods of solar radiation and performance of photovoltaic systems. The package has been uploaded to CRAN under the GPL-3 license.
The most important changes included in this version are:
- The package is now almost entirely designed with S4 classes and methods.
- The time series objects are constructed with the ‘zoo‘ package.
- Most of the functions and arguments have been renamed in order to ease the understanding by international users.
- Two new functions have been included for the statistical analysis of a PV plant composed of several systems.
- The package dependencies have been optimized.
- Several new small functions for date-time calculations are now available.
- Several bugs have been corrected.